Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd October 1960 Charlton Athletic Football Club draw 6-6 against Middlesborough.
22nd October 1941 Born today: Charles Keating, London England, actor (Carl Hutchins-Another World)
22nd October 1938 Actor Derek Jacobi, was born in Leytonstone, London.
22nd October 1910 Millwall open their new ground The Den after 4 previous grounds on Isle of Dogs.
22nd October 1904 QPR Football Club play their first game at their new ground Loftus Road.
22nd October 1897 World's 1st car dealer opens in London.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
12. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
13. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
14. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
15. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
16. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
17. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
18. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
19. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
20. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
21. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
22. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
23. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
24. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London
25. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
26. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
27. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place