Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
24th April 1963 Princess Alexandra of Kent was married to Angus Ogilvy in Westminster Abbey.
24th April 1960 Born today: Paula Yates, London England, Mrs Bob Geldof/rocker/writer (Blondes)
24th April 1936 Born today: Jill Ireland, London, actress (Breakout, Assassination, Chino)
24th April 1867 St. George's Hall Theatre in Langham Place was opened (demolished 1966).
24th April 1731 Author Daniel Defoe died in London trying to evade debtors.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
7. Keats House
10. The Poets Circle
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London
12. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
13. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
14. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
15. Samuel Coleridge Died Here @ 3 The Grove, Highgate, London
16. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
17. Where Oscar Wilde was arrested @ The Cadogan Hotel, 75 Sloane Street, London
18. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
19. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
20. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
21. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
22. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
23. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
24. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
25. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
26. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square