Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
14th August 1948 The first Summer Olympics to be held since 1936, were closed in London.
14th August 1941 Josef Jakobs, German spy, executed in Tower of London
14th August 1903 Born today: Ronald Stewart, CEO (London Brick Co)
14th August 1867 Forsyte Saga author John Galsworthy was born in Kingston Upon Thames.
14th August 1802 Poet and novelist Letitia Elizabeth Landon (LEL) was born in Chelsea, London.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London
12. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
13. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
14. Will's Coffee House @ 39 Bow Street, Covent Garden
15. Chaucer Lived Over the Aldgate @ 2 Aldgate High Street, London
16. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
17. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
18. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
19. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
20. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
21. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
22. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
23. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
24. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
25. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
26. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
27. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square