Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd September 1924 Illustrator and author Charles Keeping was born in Lambeth.
22nd September 1891 Footballer and writer Charlie Buchan was born in Plumstead.
22nd September 1870 5-time British Wimbledon tennis champion Charlotte Cooper was born in Ealing.
22nd September 1788 Author, practical joker and inventor of the postcard, Theodore Hook, was born in London.
22nd September 1761 The Coronation of George III in Westminster Abbey.
22nd September 1735 Robert Walpole the first British Prime Minister to live at 10 Downing Street.
22nd September 1694 Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, creator of Gregorian calendar, was born in London.
Top Children-related places to visit in London.
Stories relating to children, their welfare, places specifically for kids, and stories of derring do of little London tykes from years gone by...
TOP 10 CHILDREN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE CHILDREN SIGHTS:
11. WT Stead lived here @ 5 Smith Square, Westminster, London
12. JM Barrie and Peter Pan @ 100 Bayswater Road, London
13. Dame Alice Owen's School @ Owen Street, Islington
14. The Elfin Oak @ Kensington Gardens
15. Sandhurst School @ Minard Road, Catford, London
16. London Orphan Asylum @ Lower Clapton Road, London
17. The Museum of Childhood @ Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green
18. Jigsaws were invented here @ Russell Street, Covent Garden, London
19. The school for Brats @ 60 The Crescent
20. First Class Charity @ Thrawl Street, London
21. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
22. The Foundling Museum @ 40 Brunswick Square, London
23. Ripping Yarns @ 355 Archway Road, Highgate
24. Haverstock School @ 24 Haverstock Hill, Chalk Farm
25. Beatrix Potters Peter Rabbit @ Brompton Cemetery, Brompton, London
26. Mrs Montagu's Chimney Sweeps @ Portman Square, Marylebone
27. Granary Square and its Fountains @ Goods Way, Kings Cross
28. West Hatch High School @ High Road, Chigwell
29. Frederick Bremer School @ Siddeley Road, Walthamstow
30. Start Clowning Around @ The Coppetts Centre, Finchley
31. Punch and Judy Birthplace @ St Pauls Portico, Westminster
32. Inspired by a Teletubby? @ 2 Forest Hill Road
33. Coram's Fields: Children only! @ 93 Guilford Street, London
34. The Godolphin & Latymer School @ Iffley Road, Hammersmith
35. The King of Scouting Lived here @ 9 Hyde Park Gate, Kensington
36. Crowland Primary School @ Crowland Road, Tottenham