Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
15th December 1969 Plastic Ono Band, play their only concert at London's Lyceum Ballroom
15th December 1965 D Heneker and J Taylor's musical Charlie Girl, premieres in London
15th December 1964 Comedian Paul Kaye (Dennis Pennis) born in Clapham, London.
15th December 1942 Born today: Dave Clark, London England, rock drummer (Dave Clark 5-Glad All Over)
15th December 1899 Born today: Frank Vosper, London England, actor (Man Who Knew Too Much)
Classy Jazz for over 30 years
Jazz, funky music and great food - plus Mica Paris loves it
Location: 90 Lots Road, Chelsea, SW10 0QD
Description: The '606 Club' is a jazz club for lovers of jazz, improvised music, latin, funky music and excellent food.
'London`s best music venue....' - Jamie Cullum
'Best place in town for wonderful food and brilliant music...' - Mica Paris
The 606 Club has existed as a Jazz Club Restaurant for more than 30 years, being run by musician Steve Rubie since 1976.
Originally a small 30 seater basement venue at 606 Kings Road, it built up a solid reputation through the 70's and 80's amongst musicians and audiences as the Jazz hang-out. The popularity of the Club amongst musicians led to the policy of only booking British based musicians in order to support the local scene, which has continued unchanged to this day.
Eventually the Club out grew it's capacity and in May 1988 it moved to it's present basement site at 90 Lots Road.