Lucan, Cubitt and some Plumbers


Lucan, Cubitt and some Plumbers

Lady Lucan once came in, alas not asking for a Babysham

Location: 14 Lower Belgrave Street, SW1W 0LN

Description: Built in 1922 by Sir Thomas Cubitt, an eminent builder, 'The Plumbers Arms' originally had three bars and a rigid class distinction in each.

It was named after a small army of plumbers who built up in the area (a blockage if you will) and whose crest still adorns the pub sign.

It later gained notoriety in 1974 when Lady Lucan ran into the bar screaming that her nanny had been murdered in their home up the road.

Another perfect example of a great London pub with a story or two to tell.

Themes: PubPub Theme  CrimeCrime Theme  HistoricalHistorical Theme
Lucan, Cubitt and some Plumbers

Lady Lucan once came in, alas not asking for a Babysham

Ranking This Month: 1519/2914

Pages Hit This Month: 10


Other places nearby:


Crocker's Folly», 2.3km

Grade 2 and still Rising», 1.6km

Punch Drunk Guy», 0.8km

A Pub for Mutleys...», 3.4km

Nell of Old Drury», 1.5km

The Mayflower Inn», 4.0km

Old Queens Head», 3.3km

The Blind Beggar», 4.2km

The Wheatsheaf», 1.5km

Two Brewers», 1.4km

Location Pinpointed: