St John's Churchyard


St John's Churchyard

This was the churchyard of St John's Wapping

Location: Nr Wapping Gardens

Description: This was the churchyard of St John's Wapping.

The church itself was built in 1756 in red brick with white stone dressings, so that it would stand out amidst the dark and murky atmosphere of the area.

It was bombed in the Second World War and only the tower remains. The building was converted into apartments after the removal of over 100 bodies from the crypt.

Next door is the former charity school with the figure of a boy over one entrance and a girl over the other.

Tours: Pirates and penthouses at the old London Docks

Themes: ChurchChurch Theme  HistoricalHistorical Theme
St John's Churchyard

This was the churchyard of St John's Wapping

Ranking This Month: 492/2904

Pages Hit This Month: 41


Other places nearby:


St Barnabas Preaching Riots», 4.0km

Lily among the weeds», 3.3km

St Olaves Church», 0.9km

St Mary's Church», 7.0km

Temple Church», 2.1km

St. Pancras New Church», 3.3km

Religious Phrase With A Twist», 2.8km

The Church of the Good Shepherd», 4.7km

St Lawrence Jewry», 1.5km

Conan Doyle's Temple», 4.2km

Location Pinpointed: