The Old Dispensary


The Old Dispensary

The oldest building in Stratford is this old Dispensary.

Location: 30 Romford Rd, Newham, E15 4BZ

Description: The Old Dispensary is a grand old early 18th century timber-framed and weatherboarded building on the edge of Stratford Town Centre.

This was the beginnings of what later became Queen Mary Hospital. Mrs Mary Curtis provided the building and refused to charge rent.

Dr William Elliot opened the dispensary for the local poor in Newham until 1861 when Mary Curtis provided land in West Ham Lane for a new dispensary.

It is now Grade II listed.

Themes: HistoricalHistorical Theme  AncientAncient Theme
The Old Dispensary

The oldest building in Stratford is this old Dispensary.

Ranking This Month: 277/2856

Pages Hit This Month: 23


Other places nearby:


The Royal Exchange», 4.4km

Parliament Hill Park, But Why?», 7.3km

Linley Sambourne House», 9.1km

Houses of Parliament», 6.4km

The worst street in London», 3.8km

Not a nice way to go», 4.6km

Tyburn Convent», 7.5km

Borough for Pubs», 5.1km

Wedding Cake With A History», 5.1km

The College of Arms», 4.9km

Location Pinpointed: