Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
20th January 1883 Betram Home Ramsay, Dunkirk Naval Strategist, was born in London.
20th January 1843 Born today: Pierre-Paul Cambon, French diplomat (Madrid, Constantinople, London)
20th January 1779 Actor David Garrick sadly passed away at The Adelphi buildings.
20th January 1382 King Richard II of England was married to Anne of Bohemia in Westminster Abbey.
20th January 1265 First English Parliament summoned by non-royal command (The Earl of Leicester) met in Westminster Hall.
Westfield Stratford City East
The massive new shopping experience in the Olympic Park.
Location: Montfichet Road, Olympic Park , E15 2EE
Description: Westfield Stratford City, opened in September 2011, is the biggest mall in Europe. Billed as the retail saviour of the East End, it features:
- 1.9 million square feet
- includes a bowling alley, hotel and the UK's largest casino
- 70 per cent of Olympic visitors will walk through the mall on their way to the Games
- More than 300 shops, including Apple, Prada, Nike, Topshop
- 3 anchor tenants: Marks & Spencer, John Lewis & Waitrose
- a 14-screen cinema
- 4.1 million catchment population
- 24-hour lifestyle street linking the Stratford international and regional stations
- it's creating 18,000 permanent jobs and 25,000 people with work during construction.
For Stratford, itll all come down to how effectively Australian property developer Westfield and Newham Council can work together to regenerate the area, without damaging existing local businesses.
Tagged in this Tour: New London Architecture 2012