Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd April 1991 Two trains collided on the DLR at West India Quay.
22nd April 1930 US, Britain and Japan sign London Naval Treaty
22nd April 1925 Born today: George Cole, London England, actor (Minder, Vampire Lovers)
22nd April 1899 Born today: Martyn Green, London, actor (Gilbert and Sullivan, Iceman Cometh)
22nd April 1823 Baltic Club (Exchange) forms in London
22nd April 1737 William Hicks (MP for Wallingford) was attacked by highwayman Dick Turpin and associate in a coach travelling to London through Epping Forest.
Top Train-related places to visit in London.
Railway related places, locations, tales, and events from history. Many railway stations in London are massive social hubs of meeting places and seeing off points, ripe for drama!
TOP 10 TRAIN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE TRAIN SIGHTS:
11. Birthplace of the Underground @ Paddington Station
12. Waterloo Station @ Waterloo Road
13. Deptford: Londons Oldest Station @ Deptford High Street, Deptford, London
14. Ridgeway Park's Model Railway @ Peel Close, Chingford
15. Down Street Station @ Down Street, Mayfair
16. First Flying Bomb @ Grove Road, Bow, London
17. Home of WB Adams railway pioneer @ 9 Woodbury Hill, Loughton, Essex