Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
24th April 1963 Princess Alexandra of Kent was married to Angus Ogilvy in Westminster Abbey.
24th April 1960 Born today: Paula Yates, London England, Mrs Bob Geldof/rocker/writer (Blondes)
24th April 1936 Born today: Jill Ireland, London, actress (Breakout, Assassination, Chino)
24th April 1867 St. George's Hall Theatre in Langham Place was opened (demolished 1966).
24th April 1731 Author Daniel Defoe died in London trying to evade debtors.
Top Train-related places to visit in London.
Railway related places, locations, tales, and events from history. Many railway stations in London are massive social hubs of meeting places and seeing off points, ripe for drama!
TOP 10 TRAIN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE TRAIN SIGHTS:
11. First Flying Bomb @ Grove Road, Bow, London
12. Mr Train's Trams @ Kennington
13. Down Street Station @ Down Street, Mayfair
14. The Shoreditch Stilts Signal Box @ Pedley Street, Shoreditch, London
15. Statue at Brixton Station @ Brixton Station, London
16. Clapham Junction Station @ Grant Road
17. Home of WB Adams railway pioneer @ 9 Woodbury Hill, Loughton, Essex