Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
21st October 1970 Tony Mortimer, singer with pop band East 17, was born in Stepney.
21st October 1930 Born today: Doreen Cannon, teacher of acting (London)
21st October 1911 Actor Baron Peter Graves was born in London.
21st October 1422 1 year old King Henry VI becomes King of France as well.
Top Subterranean-related places to visit in London.
London is riddled with tunnels like a fallen oak is with woodworm, most are related to the underground shuttle service but there are many more in the layers of history...
TOP 10 SUBTERRANEAN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE SUBTERRANEAN SIGHTS:
11. Islington Tunnel @ Islington to Camden
12. Wapping Old Stairs @ Nr Wapping high Street
13. Secret Tunnels - 100 feet down @ Craig Court, off Trafalgar Square
14. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
15. Albion Disaster Memorial @ East London Cemetary
16. Hackney's Mole Man @ Mortimer Road, Hackney, London
17. The Mason's Arms @ 51 Upper Berkeley Street, London
18. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
19. Kingsway Tunnels - 110 feet down @ Chancery Lane & Kingsway...
20. Superhoops in the Bush @ Loftus Road, South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush
21. Houses Collapsed into Hole @ Ridley Road, Bromley
22. Chislehurst Caves @ The Chalk Pit, Old Hill, Chislehurst
23. Step on and Rise on up @ York Road
24. St Katherine's Dock Marina @ Off Smithfield
25. Wapping Pier Head @ Off Wapping High Street
26. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
27. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
28. Greenwich Foot Tunnel @ Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London
29. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
30. The London Apprentice @ 62 Church Street, Isleworth, Middlesex
31. London's Longest Pier @ Erith High Street
32. London's Public Stalactites @ Tottenham Court Road Underpass, London
33. Shadwell Basin @ Off Glamis Road
34. Underground Art and Crime Free @ Leake Street, Lower Marsh
35. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
36. What no Vicar? @ Bishop's Avenue, Hammersmith and Fulham
37. Nell of Old Drury @ 29 Catherine Street
38. Morpeth Arms @ 58 Millbank
39. TV on the South Bank @ London Television Centre, Upper Ground
40. The Borderline... @ Orange Yard, off Manette Street
41. The Boat Race @ Chiswick Bridge
42. The London Eye @ Thames Path, Southbank
43. Soho Square Gardener's Hut @ Soho Square Gardens, Soho
44. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
45. Thames Ironworks @ Bow Creek, Canning Town
46. Maritime Anchors @ Park Row, Greenwich