Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
17th August 1990 Actress Rachel Hurd-Wood was born in Streatham, London.
17th August 1968 Actress Helen McCrory was born in Paddington, London.
17th August 1798 Pathologist Thomas Hodgkin was born in Streatham, London.
Top Subterranean-related places to visit in London.
London is riddled with tunnels like a fallen oak is with woodworm, most are related to the underground shuttle service but there are many more in the layers of history...
TOP 10 SUBTERRANEAN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE SUBTERRANEAN SIGHTS:
11. Shadwell Basin @ Off Glamis Road
12. Secret Tunnels - 100 feet down @ Craig Court, off Trafalgar Square
13. The London Apprentice @ 62 Church Street, Isleworth, Middlesex
14. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
15. Albion Disaster Memorial @ East London Cemetary
16. Hornsey Wood Reservoir @ Finsbury Park
17. The Mason's Arms @ 51 Upper Berkeley Street, London
18. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
19. St Katherine's Dock Marina @ Off Smithfield
20. The Coade Stone Lion @ Westminster Bridge, Near County Hall
21. Chislehurst Caves @ The Chalk Pit, Old Hill, Chislehurst
22. TV on the South Bank @ London Television Centre, Upper Ground
23. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
24. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
25. Greenwich Foot Tunnel @ Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London
26. Houses Collapsed into Hole @ Ridley Road, Bromley
27. Hackney's Mole Man @ Mortimer Road, Hackney, London
28. Nell of Old Drury @ 29 Catherine Street
29. Step on and Rise on up @ York Road
30. Wapping Pier Head @ Off Wapping High Street
31. Kingsway Tunnels - 110 feet down @ Chancery Lane & Kingsway...
32. The Borderline... @ Orange Yard, off Manette Street
33. Morpeth Arms @ 58 Millbank
34. London's Longest Pier @ Erith High Street
35. Underground Art and Crime Free @ Leake Street, Lower Marsh
36. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
37. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
38. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
39. What no Vicar? @ Bishop's Avenue, Hammersmith and Fulham
40. The Boat Race @ Chiswick Bridge
41. The London Eye @ Thames Path, Southbank
42. London's Public Stalactites @ Tottenham Court Road Underpass, London
43. Maritime Anchors @ Park Row, Greenwich
44. Superhoops in the Bush @ Loftus Road, South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush
45. Thames Ironworks @ Bow Creek, Canning Town
46. Soho Square Gardener's Hut @ Soho Square Gardens, Soho