Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd January 1967 Born today: Olivia d'Abo, London England, actress (Wonder Years, Single Guy)
22nd January 1946 Punk pioneer Malcolm McLaren was born in Stoke Newington.
22nd January 1927 The first ever live football radio commentary for Arsenal v Sheff Utd.
22nd January 1920 England football manager Sir Alf Ramsey was born in Dagenham.
22nd January 1876 The Royal Aquarium amusement park opened in Westminster.
Top Subterranean-related places to visit in London.
London is riddled with tunnels like a fallen oak is with woodworm, most are related to the underground shuttle service but there are many more in the layers of history...
TOP 10 SUBTERRANEAN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE SUBTERRANEAN SIGHTS:
11. Farting Lane's Sewer Lamp @ Carting Lane, Strand, London
12. Islington Tunnel @ Islington to Camden
13. Kingsway Tunnels - 110 feet down @ Chancery Lane & Kingsway...
14. London's Longest Pier @ Erith High Street
15. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
16. Little Compton Street @ Charing Cross Road, London
17. Houses Collapsed into Hole @ Ridley Road, Bromley
18. The London Eye @ Thames Path, Southbank
19. Morpeth Arms @ 58 Millbank
20. Secret Tunnels - 100 feet down @ Craig Court, off Trafalgar Square
21. Greenwich Foot Tunnel @ Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London
22. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
23. Chislehurst Caves @ The Chalk Pit, Old Hill, Chislehurst
24. Wapping Pier Head @ Off Wapping High Street
25. The Mason's Arms @ 51 Upper Berkeley Street, London
26. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
27. The Borderline... @ Orange Yard, off Manette Street
28. Maritime Anchors @ Park Row, Greenwich
29. London's Public Stalactites @ Tottenham Court Road Underpass, London
30. St Katherine's Dock Marina @ Off Smithfield
31. Hackney's Mole Man @ Mortimer Road, Hackney, London
32. Superhoops in the Bush @ Loftus Road, South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush
33. Thames Ironworks @ Bow Creek, Canning Town
34. What no Vicar? @ Bishop's Avenue, Hammersmith and Fulham
35. Nell of Old Drury @ 29 Catherine Street
36. Bull & Bush Station @ Wildwood Terrace, London
37. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
38. Soho Square Gardener's Hut @ Soho Square Gardens, Soho
39. Step on and Rise on up @ York Road
40. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
41. The London Apprentice @ 62 Church Street, Isleworth, Middlesex
42. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
43. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
44. Shadwell Basin @ Off Glamis Road
45. TV on the South Bank @ London Television Centre, Upper Ground
46. The Boat Race @ Chiswick Bridge