Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th June 1975 Missing Lord Lucan murdered the 29-year-old nanny of his three young children, an inquest jury in Westminster decided.
19th June 1973 Rocky Horror Picture Show, stage production opens in London
19th June 1966 RW Hardy photographs staircase at Queen's House, Greenwich, later finds ghostly figures on pics.
19th June 1964 Mayor of London Boris Johnson born in New York City.
19th June 1942 Born today: Neil Chalmers, director (National History Museum, London)
19th June 1925 Comedian Charlie Drake was born in Elephant and Castle, London.
19th June 1921 Born today: Allan Davis, Mayor of London
19th June 1890 Born today: Barbara Everest, London England, actress (Fatal Witness, Inquest)
19th June 1829 Sir Robert Peel founded the London Metropolitan Police (Bobbies).
Top Subterranean-related places to visit in London.
London is riddled with tunnels like a fallen oak is with woodworm, most are related to the underground shuttle service but there are many more in the layers of history...
TOP 10 SUBTERRANEAN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE SUBTERRANEAN SIGHTS:
11. Jack Cade's Cavern @ 77 Maidenstone Hill, Greenwich, London
12. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
13. Little Compton Street @ Charing Cross Road, London
14. Thames Ironworks @ Bow Creek, Canning Town
15. Wapping Old Stairs @ Nr Wapping high Street
16. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
17. Kingsway Tunnels - 110 feet down @ Chancery Lane & Kingsway...
18. Islington Tunnel @ Islington to Camden
19. The Mason's Arms @ 51 Upper Berkeley Street, London
20. St Katherine's Dock Marina @ Off Smithfield
21. Houses Collapsed into Hole @ Ridley Road, Bromley
22. Hackney's Mole Man @ Mortimer Road, Hackney, London
23. Underground Art and Crime Free @ Leake Street, Lower Marsh
24. The London Apprentice @ 62 Church Street, Isleworth, Middlesex
25. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
26. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
27. London's Public Stalactites @ Tottenham Court Road Underpass, London
28. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
29. Step on and Rise on up @ York Road
30. TV on the South Bank @ London Television Centre, Upper Ground
31. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
32. Greenwich Foot Tunnel @ Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London
33. What no Vicar? @ Bishop's Avenue, Hammersmith and Fulham
34. Morpeth Arms @ 58 Millbank
35. Nell of Old Drury @ 29 Catherine Street
36. Shadwell Basin @ Off Glamis Road
37. Chislehurst Caves @ The Chalk Pit, Old Hill, Chislehurst
38. Superhoops in the Bush @ Loftus Road, South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush
39. London's Longest Pier @ Erith High Street
40. The Borderline... @ Orange Yard, off Manette Street
41. Wapping Pier Head @ Off Wapping High Street
42. The Boat Race @ Chiswick Bridge
43. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
44. Soho Square Gardener's Hut @ Soho Square Gardens, Soho
45. Maritime Anchors @ Park Row, Greenwich
46. The London Eye @ Thames Path, Southbank