Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th September 1978 Actor Ramin Karimloo, Phantom & Love Never Dies London, born in Tehran.
19th September 1972 Diplomat at the Israeli embassy killed by a letter bomb.
19th September 1946 Born today: John Coghlan, London, rock drummer (Status Quo)
19th September 1945 Nazi propagandist William Joyce (Lord Haw Haw) sentenced to death.
19th September 1867 Illustrator Arthur Rackham was born in Lewisham.
Top Subterranean-related places to visit in London.
London is riddled with tunnels like a fallen oak is with woodworm, most are related to the underground shuttle service but there are many more in the layers of history...
TOP 10 SUBTERRANEAN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE SUBTERRANEAN SIGHTS:
11. Albion Disaster Memorial @ East London Cemetary
12. Secret Tunnels - 100 feet down @ Craig Court, off Trafalgar Square
13. Islington Tunnel @ Islington to Camden
14. Jack Cade's Cavern @ 77 Maidenstone Hill, Greenwich, London
15. Kingsway Tunnels - 110 feet down @ Chancery Lane & Kingsway...
16. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
17. Wapping Pier Head @ Off Wapping High Street
18. The Coade Stone Lion @ Westminster Bridge, Near County Hall
19. Thames Ironworks @ Bow Creek, Canning Town
20. Shadwell Basin @ Off Glamis Road
21. Morpeth Arms @ 58 Millbank
22. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
23. Underground Art and Crime Free @ Leake Street, Lower Marsh
24. London's Longest Pier @ Erith High Street
25. London's Public Stalactites @ Tottenham Court Road Underpass, London
26. St Katherine's Dock Marina @ Off Smithfield
27. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
28. Nell of Old Drury @ 29 Catherine Street
29. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
30. TV on the South Bank @ London Television Centre, Upper Ground
31. Hackney's Mole Man @ Mortimer Road, Hackney, London
32. The Mason's Arms @ 51 Upper Berkeley Street, London
33. The London Apprentice @ 62 Church Street, Isleworth, Middlesex
34. Houses Collapsed into Hole @ Ridley Road, Bromley
35. Maritime Anchors @ Park Row, Greenwich
36. Step on and Rise on up @ York Road
37. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
38. Superhoops in the Bush @ Loftus Road, South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush
39. Greenwich Foot Tunnel @ Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London
40. The Boat Race @ Chiswick Bridge
41. The London Eye @ Thames Path, Southbank
42. The Borderline... @ Orange Yard, off Manette Street
43. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
44. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
45. What no Vicar? @ Bishop's Avenue, Hammersmith and Fulham
46. Soho Square Gardener's Hut @ Soho Square Gardens, Soho