Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd July 2006 Arsenal's new stadium The Emirates officially opened.
22nd July 2005 Jean Charles de Menezes is shot dead by plain clothes police at Stockwell tube station.
22nd July 1971 Born today: Charlotte Gainsbourg, London England, actress (Little Thief)
22nd July 1944 Born today: Rick Davies, London England, rock vocalist/keyboardist (Supertramp)
22nd July 1928 Fulham football legend Jimmy Hill was born in Balham, South London.
22nd July 1919 De Falla and Massine's Three-cornered Hat, premieres in London
22nd July 1844 Born today: William Archibald Spooner, London, reverend/inventor (spoonerisms)
22nd July 1814 The Earliest known match played at Lord's Cricket Ground.
Top Sex-related places to visit in London.
London's seedy and sexual past is littered with naughty liaisons and flighty flirty flings.
TOP 10 SEX RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
3. Ye Olde Axe
10. La Deliverance
MORE SEX SIGHTS:
11. Mother Clap's Molly House @ Shoe Lane, Holborn, London
12. McLaren and Westwood's SEX @ 430 Kings Road, London
13. Cynthia Paynes House of Cyn @ 32 Ambleside Avenue, Streatham, London
14. The Cleveland Street Sex Scandal @ 19 Cleveland Street, London
15. Christine Keelers Love Mews @ 17 Wimpole Mews, Paddington
16. Mrs Hendersons Windmill Theatre @ 17 - 19 Great Windmill Street, London
17. The Sights of Soho @ Meard Street, Soho
18. Christine Keeler lived here @ 63 Great Cumberland Place, London
19. Skull & Bones Graveyard @ Redcross Way, Southwark
20. Artist Walter Sickert lived here @ 6 Mornington Crescent, Camden, London
21. Saucy Postcarder McGill's House @ 5 Bennett Park, Blackheath, London
22. Hooper's Hotel @ 21 Soho Square, Soho
23. Tarts and Pornography @ 117 Charterhouse Street
24. Trafalgar Studio's @ 14 Whitehall, City of Westminster
25. Harris's List: Miss Ross @ 2 Little Ryder Street, Piccadilly, London
26. Harris's List: Miss Hindes @ 6 Church Street, Soho, London
27. Thomas Rowlandson's studio @ 16 John Adam Street, Adelphi, London
28. Harrison Mark's Studio and Flat @ 29-31 Saffron Hill, Farringdon
29. 45 Park Lane and Hefner @ 45 Park Lane, Mayfair
30. Harris's List: Miss Townsend @ 12 Gresse Street, London
31. Exciting Books in Soho @ 11 Brewer Street
32. Feeling Honourable? @ 86 Lower Marsh, Lambeth
33. Author DH Lawrence lived here @ 32 Well Walk, Hampstead, London
34. Harris's List: Mrs Williams @ 17 Pitt Street, Kensington, London