Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
26th April 1976 Neil McCallum, actor (Pete-Saber of London), dies at 45
26th April 1973 2 Gentlemen of Verona, musical opens in London
26th April 1947 Bless the Bride musical opens in London
26th April 1934 The Prince Albert, Duke of York (later King George VI) was married to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later The Queen Mother) in Westminster Abbey.
26th April 1928 Madame Tussaud's waxwork exhibition opens in London
26th April 1921 Born today: Harry Knutton, Maj-Gen/dir-general (London City and Guilds Institute)
26th April 1915 Italy secretly signes Pact of London with Britain, France and Russia
26th April 1890 Henry Morton Stanley inaugurated in London
Top Tube-related places to visit in London.
The underground train service is one of the oldest and longest in the world, and is a modern part of the whole city like very few other things. Mind the step!
TOP 10 TUBE RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE TUBE SIGHTS:
11. The Crystal Palace Subway @ Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace
12. Maida Vale for the ladies @ Maida Vale Station, Elgin Avenue, London
13. The Lonely Archer @ East Finchley Undergound Station, London
14. Earl's Court's Escalators @ Earl's Court Road, Earl's Court
15. Down Street Station @ Down Street, Mayfair
16. Fulham Broadway's Sliding Doors @ Fulham Road
17. Green Park Tube used to be 2! @ Piccadilly, London