Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
17th July 1968 Beatle's animated film Yellow Submarine premieres in London
17th July 1965 Born today: Alex Winter, London England, actor (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
17th July 1958 Peter Shaffer's Five Finger Exercise, premieres in London
17th July 1949 Born today: Mick Tucker, London, rock drummer (Sweet Harlesden)
17th July 1947 Born today: Camilla Parker-Bowles, London England, Prince Charles' wife.
17th July 1909 Born today: Hardy Amies, London England, royal dressmaker (Queen Elizabeth II)
17th July 1894 Born today: Mary Clare, London England, actress (Evil Mind, Young and Innocent)
17th July 1717 George Frideric Handel's The Water Music premiered when King George I requested a concert on a barge on the River Thames.
Top Tube-related places to visit in London.
The underground train service is one of the oldest and longest in the world, and is a modern part of the whole city like very few other things. Mind the step!
TOP 10 TUBE RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE TUBE SIGHTS:
11. Down Street Station @ Down Street, Mayfair
12. Green Park Tube used to be 2! @ Piccadilly, London
13. Maida Vale for the ladies @ Maida Vale Station, Elgin Avenue, London
14. Earl's Court's Escalators @ Earl's Court Road, Earl's Court
15. King\'s Cross Station @ Euston Road, King's Cross
16. Waterloo Station @ Waterloo Road
17. Cricket in Covent Garden @ 21 Cranbourn Street, Covent Garden, London
18. Fulham Broadway's Sliding Doors @ Fulham Road