Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd September 1924 Illustrator and author Charles Keeping was born in Lambeth.
22nd September 1891 Footballer and writer Charlie Buchan was born in Plumstead.
22nd September 1870 5-time British Wimbledon tennis champion Charlotte Cooper was born in Ealing.
22nd September 1788 Author, practical joker and inventor of the postcard, Theodore Hook, was born in London.
22nd September 1761 The Coronation of George III in Westminster Abbey.
22nd September 1735 Robert Walpole the first British Prime Minister to live at 10 Downing Street.
22nd September 1694 Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, creator of Gregorian calendar, was born in London.
Top Grave-related places to visit in London.
All great Londoners and some the naughty ones all end up pushing up the daisies somewhere, and the graveyards of London are packed to the rafters with the notorious, infamous and good. This theme can also include final resting places, sarcophagi, and othe
TOP 10 GRAVE RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE GRAVE SIGHTS:
11. Poet's Corner @ Westminster Abbey
12. Sir Richard Burtons Bedouin Tomb @ St Mary Magdalen's RC Church, 61 Worple Way, Mor
13. Lionel Lockyer's Monument @ Southwark Cathedral, London
14. London's 9/11 Memorial @ Grosvenor Square, London
15. Hither Greens Parrots and Graves @ Verdant Lane, Catford, London
16. First Aborigine in Europe @ St John's Churchyard, Eltham
17. Tragic Pair shot by police @ 3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith
18. Abney Park Cemetary @ Abney Park Cemetery, Stoke Newington High Street
19. Tower Hamlets Cemetery @ Tower Hamlets
20. The Ubiquitous Undead Walk @ Junction Road, London
21. Percy Lambert: Fastest Man @ Brompton Cemetary, Brompton, Kensington
22. The Necropolis Railway @ 121 Westminster Bridge Road
23. Dulwich Picture Gallery @ Gallery Road, Dulwich, London
24. Skull & Bones Graveyard @ Redcross Way, Southwark
25. Bunhill Fields @ 38 City Road
26. St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery @ Harrow Road, Kensal Green
27. West Norwood Cemetary @ Norwood Road, West Norwood
28. The Last Hanged Forger @ Saint Laurence Church, Cowley, Middlesex
29. Tomb of Richard Pendrell @ St Giles in the Fields, Holborn, London
30. Nunhead Cemetery @ Linden Grove, Nunhead, Southwark
31. Beatrix Potters Peter Rabbit @ Brompton Cemetery, Brompton, London
32. Brompton Cemetery @ Old Brompton Road, West Brompton
33. St Georges Burial Ground @ Albion Street, Bayswater, London
34. Highgate Cemetery @ Highgate
35. Kensal Green Cemetery @ 385 Ladbroke Grove, Kensington
36. The Aeronaut of Holloway @ Highgate Cemetary East, Swain's Lane