Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th July 1947 Born today: Brian May, London, rock guitarist (Queen-We are the Champions)
19th July 1941 Winston Churchill launched V for Victory campaign.
19th July 1821 The Coronation of George IV in Westminster Abbey.
Top Motoring-related places to visit in London.
Cars are slowly going the way of the horse and carriage, here are some of the best motoring and automobile stories and tales from Greater London.
TOP 10 MOTORING RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MOTORING SIGHTS:
11. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
12. The First Fatal Road Accident @ Grove Hill, Harrow
13. 1st petrol car was built here @ 1 Connaught Road, Walthamstow, London
14. The Audi Centre @ 931 Great West Road, Brentford, London
15. Percy Lambert: Fastest Man @ Brompton Cemetary, Brompton, Kensington
16. London Motor Museum @ 3 Nestles Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex
17. 1st Motorcycle Engine made here @ 1a Lansdowne Road, Tottenham
18. Welbeck Street Car Park @ 74-77 Welbeck Street, London
19. Bentley Motors founded here @ 47 Chagford Street, Marylebone
20. Silicon Roundabout @ Old Street
21. Motoring pioneer lived here @ 16 Stafford Place
22. World's 1st Drink Driving Arrest @ 165 Bond Street
23. Taggs 'Karsino' Island @ Taggs Island, River Thames, Hampton, London
24. A Blue Plaque for a Car Legend @ 14/15 Conduit Street, Mayfair
25. Birthplace of Charles Rolls @ 35 Hill Street, Mayfair, London