Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
23rd February 1982 Michael Frayn's Noises Off, premieres in London
23rd February 1981 Princess Diana moves out of her flat ahead of her announcement the following day.
23rd February 1973 Gold goes up $10 overnight to record $95 an ounce in London
23rd February 1950 Born today: Steve Priest, London, rock bassist (Sweet Hayes)
23rd February 1945 2nd Dutch govt of Gerbrandy forms in London
23rd February 1918 Magician Chung Ling Soo's Catch the Bullet With Your Teeth goes wrong and he is killed on stage.
23rd February 1910 George Bernard Shaw's Misalliance, premieres in London
23rd February 1895 Born today: Richard Goolden, London England, actor (School for Husbands)
23rd February 1886 London Times publishes world's 1st classified ad
23rd February 1817 Born today: George Watts, London, painter
23rd February 1792 Artist Sir Joshua Reynolds died in his house in Leicester Fields, London.
23rd February 1776 Born today: John Walter II, London, chief proprietor (The Times, 1812-47)
23rd February 1633 Born today: Samuel Pepys, London England, navy expert/composer (Diary, Memoirs)
Top Religion-related places to visit in London.
There are some great places of worship in London, but this category goes deeper and features locations with other religious significance.
TOP 10 RELIGION RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RELIGION SIGHTS:
11. Drury Lanes Pantomime Fountain @ Catherine St , London
12. Freemasons' Hall @ 60 Great Queen Street, London
13. The Temple of Mithras @ Temple Court, Queen Victoria Street, London
14. Oldest Synagogue in England @ 2 Henage Lane, London
15. George Harrison's Hare Temple @ Bhaktivedanta Manor, Dharam Marg, Hilfield lane,
16. Enfield Synagogue Spirits @ Wellington Rd, Enfield, Middlesex
17. Sex Pistol was a Dianetic @ 68 Tottenham Court Road, London
18. Claude Monet's London @ St Thomas's Hospital, Waterloo Bridge, London
19. L Ron Hubbard lived here @ 35-37 Fitzroy Street, London
20. The Samuel Gurney Memorial @ Broadway, Stratford, London
21. Swede Wallenberg's Statue @ Great Cumberland Gate, Marylebone, London
22. Fulham Palace @ Bishop's Avenue, Fulham, London
23. An Ear for Music @ Westminster Abbey
24. The Congregation of Jacob @ 351-353 Commercial Road
25. Buddhism at home in London @ 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside
26. Miracle at the Vishwa Temple @ 2 Lady Margaret Road, Southall
27. Peace by the River @ Battersea Park
28. A Right Religious Residence @ Lambeth Palace Road