Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
24th April 1963 Princess Alexandra of Kent was married to Angus Ogilvy in Westminster Abbey.
24th April 1960 Born today: Paula Yates, London England, Mrs Bob Geldof/rocker/writer (Blondes)
24th April 1936 Born today: Jill Ireland, London, actress (Breakout, Assassination, Chino)
24th April 1867 St. George's Hall Theatre in Langham Place was opened (demolished 1966).
24th April 1731 Author Daniel Defoe died in London trying to evade debtors.
Top Motoring-related places to visit in London.
Cars are slowly going the way of the horse and carriage, here are some of the best motoring and automobile stories and tales from Greater London.
TOP 10 MOTORING RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MOTORING SIGHTS:
11. London's Deepest Car Park @ Bloomsbury Square
12. The First Fatal Road Accident @ Grove Hill, Harrow
13. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
14. Taggs 'Karsino' Island @ Taggs Island, River Thames, Hampton, London
15. 1st Motorcycle Engine made here @ 1a Lansdowne Road, Tottenham
16. The 1st one way Street @ Albermarle Street
17. Welbeck Street Car Park @ 74-77 Welbeck Street, London
18. World's 1st Drink Driving Arrest @ 165 Bond Street
19. Bentley Motors founded here @ 47 Chagford Street, Marylebone
20. Percy Lambert: Fastest Man @ Brompton Cemetary, Brompton, Kensington
21. Silicon Roundabout @ Old Street
22. Waterloo Bridge @ A301, Waterloo Bridge
23. The Audi Centre @ 931 Great West Road, Brentford, London
24. London Motor Museum @ 3 Nestles Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex
25. A Blue Plaque for a Car Legend @ 14/15 Conduit Street, Mayfair