Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
14th August 1948 The first Summer Olympics to be held since 1936, were closed in London.
14th August 1941 Josef Jakobs, German spy, executed in Tower of London
14th August 1903 Born today: Ronald Stewart, CEO (London Brick Co)
14th August 1867 Forsyte Saga author John Galsworthy was born in Kingston Upon Thames.
14th August 1802 Poet and novelist Letitia Elizabeth Landon (LEL) was born in Chelsea, London.
Top Religion-related places to visit in London.
There are some great places of worship in London, but this category goes deeper and features locations with other religious significance.
TOP 10 RELIGION RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RELIGION SIGHTS:
11. Oak Hill Parks Famous Tree @ Church Hill Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire
12. Freemasons' Hall @ 60 Great Queen Street, London
13. The Black Friar @ 174 Queen Victoria Street
14. Buddhism at home in London @ 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside
15. Etloe House @ Etloe House, Church Road, Leyton
16. Harris's List: Miss Ross @ 2 Little Ryder Street, Piccadilly, London
17. Leslie Compton's Pub @ 440 Hornsey Road, Finsbury Park
18. Oldest Synagogue in England @ 2 Henage Lane, London
19. New West End Synagogue @ St Petersburgh Place, Bayswater, London
20. A Right Religious Residence @ Lambeth Palace Road
21. Swede Wallenberg's Statue @ Great Cumberland Gate, Marylebone, London
22. Uncle Gandhi and his goat @ Kingsley Hall, Powis Road, London
23. An Ear for Music @ Westminster Abbey
24. Fulham Palace @ Bishop's Avenue, Fulham, London
25. Zoologist Gosse lived here @ 56 Mortimer Road, Hackney
26. Claude Monet's London @ St Thomas's Hospital, Waterloo Bridge, London
27. Peace by the River @ Battersea Park
28. Miracle at the Vishwa Temple @ 2 Lady Margaret Road, Southall
29. Da Vinci Code: Opus Dei @ 5 Orme Court, Westminster, London
30. Enfield Synagogue Spirits @ Wellington Rd, Enfield, Middlesex