Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
26th July 1973 Peter Shaffers Equus, premieres in London
26th July 1973 Underworld actress Kate Beckinsale born in London.
26th July 1966 England beat Portugal 2-1 at Wembley Stadium to reach the World Cup Final.
26th July 1950 Born today: Susan George, London England, actress (Straw Dogs, Mandingo)
26th July 1895 Born today: Jerry Verno, London England, actor (River of Unrest, Sweeney Todd)
26th July 1895 Born today: Robert Graves, London England, writer/poet (I Claudius) [or 6/26]
26th July 1891 Henry James' American, premieres in London
26th July 1842 Born today: Alfred Marshall, London, economist
26th July 1802 Born today: Winthrop Mackworth Praed, London, poet/politician
Top Motoring-related places to visit in London.
Cars are slowly going the way of the horse and carriage, here are some of the best motoring and automobile stories and tales from Greater London.
TOP 10 MOTORING RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MOTORING SIGHTS:
11. Ford plant in Dagenham @ Kent Avenue, Dagenham, Essex
12. 1st petrol car was built here @ 1 Connaught Road, Walthamstow, London
13. Birthplace of Charles Rolls @ 35 Hill Street, Mayfair, London
14. The First Fatal Road Accident @ Grove Hill, Harrow
15. World's 1st Drink Driving Arrest @ 165 Bond Street
16. London Motor Museum @ 3 Nestles Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex
17. Motoring pioneer lived here @ 16 Stafford Place
18. Bentley Motors founded here @ 47 Chagford Street, Marylebone
19. Waterloo Bridge @ A301, Waterloo Bridge
20. 1st Motorcycle Engine made here @ 1a Lansdowne Road, Tottenham
21. Silicon Roundabout @ Old Street
22. The Audi Centre @ 931 Great West Road, Brentford, London
23. Welbeck Street Car Park @ 74-77 Welbeck Street, London
24. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
25. A Blue Plaque for a Car Legend @ 14/15 Conduit Street, Mayfair