Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd June 1944 Born today: Peter Asher, London, singer (Peter and Gordon-World Without Love)
22nd June 1922 Henry H Wilson, Field Marshal, murdered in London
22nd June 1911 The Coronation of George V in Westminster Abbey.
22nd June 1887 Born today: Julian S Huxley, London, biologist/philosopher, Darwin's Bulldog
22nd June 1749 Actor David Garrick married Eva Marie Veigel, a German dancer in opera choruses.
Top Motoring-related places to visit in London.
Cars are slowly going the way of the horse and carriage, here are some of the best motoring and automobile stories and tales from Greater London.
TOP 10 MOTORING RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MOTORING SIGHTS:
11. 1st petrol car was built here @ 1 Connaught Road, Walthamstow, London
12. Waterloo Bridge @ A301, Waterloo Bridge
13. The First Fatal Road Accident @ Grove Hill, Harrow
14. Taggs 'Karsino' Island @ Taggs Island, River Thames, Hampton, London
15. The 1st one way Street @ Albermarle Street
16. 1st Motorcycle Engine made here @ 1a Lansdowne Road, Tottenham
17. Welbeck Street Car Park @ 74-77 Welbeck Street, London
18. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
19. Percy Lambert: Fastest Man @ Brompton Cemetary, Brompton, Kensington
20. A Blue Plaque for a Car Legend @ 14/15 Conduit Street, Mayfair
21. Bentley Motors founded here @ 47 Chagford Street, Marylebone
22. The Audi Centre @ 931 Great West Road, Brentford, London
23. Motoring pioneer lived here @ 16 Stafford Place
24. Silicon Roundabout @ Old Street
25. London Motor Museum @ 3 Nestles Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex