IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
9th April 1978 S Club 7 singer Rachel Stevens was born in Southgate,
9th April 1914 World, Flesh and the Devil, the 1st colour film, shown in London.
9th April 1906 Labour Leader Hugh Gaitskell was born in Kensington.
9th April 1838 The National Gallery opens in its new home off Trafalgar Square.
9th April 1413 The Coronation of Henry V in Westminster Abbey.
9th April 1269 Edmund of Crouchback, son of King Henry III was married to Lady Aveline de Forz in Westminster Abbey.
Top Religion-related places to visit in London.
There are some great places of worship in London, but this category goes deeper and features locations with other religious significance.
TOP 10 RELIGION RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RELIGION SIGHTS:
11. Zoologist Gosse lived here @ 56 Mortimer Road, Hackney
12. New West End Synagogue @ St Petersburgh Place, Bayswater, London
13. Etloe House @ Etloe House, Church Road, Leyton
14. Leslie Compton's Pub @ 440 Hornsey Road, Finsbury Park
15. Da Vinci Code: Opus Dei @ 5 Orme Court, Westminster, London
16. Oak Hill Parks Famous Tree @ Church Hill Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire
17. Peace by the River @ Battersea Park
18. George Harrison's Hare Temple @ Bhaktivedanta Manor, Dharam Marg, Hilfield lane,
19. The Congregation of Jacob @ 351-353 Commercial Road
20. An Ear for Music @ Westminster Abbey
21. Freemasons' Hall @ 60 Great Queen Street, London
22. Oldest Synagogue in England @ 2 Henage Lane, London
23. Fulham Palace @ Bishop's Avenue, Fulham, London
24. L Ron Hubbard lived here @ 35-37 Fitzroy Street, London
25. A Right Religious Residence @ Lambeth Palace Road
26. Harris's List: Miss Ross @ 2 Little Ryder Street, Piccadilly, London
27. Enfield Synagogue Spirits @ Wellington Rd, Enfield, Middlesex
28. Sex Pistol was a Dianetic @ 68 Tottenham Court Road, London
29. Buddhism at home in London @ 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside
30. Miracle at the Vishwa Temple @ 2 Lady Margaret Road, Southall
31. The Black Friar @ 174 Queen Victoria Street