Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th June 1975 Missing Lord Lucan murdered the 29-year-old nanny of his three young children, an inquest jury in Westminster decided.
19th June 1973 Rocky Horror Picture Show, stage production opens in London
19th June 1966 RW Hardy photographs staircase at Queen's House, Greenwich, later finds ghostly figures on pics.
19th June 1964 Mayor of London Boris Johnson born in New York City.
19th June 1942 Born today: Neil Chalmers, director (National History Museum, London)
19th June 1925 Comedian Charlie Drake was born in Elephant and Castle, London.
19th June 1921 Born today: Allan Davis, Mayor of London
19th June 1890 Born today: Barbara Everest, London England, actress (Fatal Witness, Inquest)
19th June 1829 Sir Robert Peel founded the London Metropolitan Police (Bobbies).
Top Religion-related places to visit in London.
There are some great places of worship in London, but this category goes deeper and features locations with other religious significance.
TOP 10 RELIGION RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RELIGION SIGHTS:
11. New West End Synagogue @ St Petersburgh Place, Bayswater, London
12. Harris's List: Miss Ross @ 2 Little Ryder Street, Piccadilly, London
13. Enfield Synagogue Spirits @ Wellington Rd, Enfield, Middlesex
14. George Harrison's Hare Temple @ Bhaktivedanta Manor, Dharam Marg, Hilfield lane,
15. Fulham Palace @ Bishop's Avenue, Fulham, London
16. Etloe House @ Etloe House, Church Road, Leyton
17. Sex Pistol was a Dianetic @ 68 Tottenham Court Road, London
18. Miracle at the Vishwa Temple @ 2 Lady Margaret Road, Southall
19. Freemasons' Hall @ 60 Great Queen Street, London
20. L Ron Hubbard lived here @ 35-37 Fitzroy Street, London
21. The Black Friar @ 174 Queen Victoria Street
22. A Right Religious Residence @ Lambeth Palace Road
23. Claude Monet's London @ St Thomas's Hospital, Waterloo Bridge, London
24. An Ear for Music @ Westminster Abbey
25. Zoologist Gosse lived here @ 56 Mortimer Road, Hackney
26. The Old Nun's Head @ Nunhead Green
27. Peace by the River @ Battersea Park
28. Buddhism at home in London @ 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside
29. The Congregation of Jacob @ 351-353 Commercial Road
30. Oldest Synagogue in England @ 2 Henage Lane, London