Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th June 1975 Missing Lord Lucan murdered the 29-year-old nanny of his three young children, an inquest jury in Westminster decided.
19th June 1973 Rocky Horror Picture Show, stage production opens in London
19th June 1966 RW Hardy photographs staircase at Queen's House, Greenwich, later finds ghostly figures on pics.
19th June 1964 Mayor of London Boris Johnson born in New York City.
19th June 1942 Born today: Neil Chalmers, director (National History Museum, London)
19th June 1925 Comedian Charlie Drake was born in Elephant and Castle, London.
19th June 1921 Born today: Allan Davis, Mayor of London
19th June 1890 Born today: Barbara Everest, London England, actress (Fatal Witness, Inquest)
19th June 1829 Sir Robert Peel founded the London Metropolitan Police (Bobbies).
Top Religion-related places to visit in London.
There are some great places of worship in London, but this category goes deeper and features locations with other religious significance.
TOP 10 RELIGION RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
10. Statue of Gandhi
MORE RELIGION SIGHTS:
11. Leslie Compton's Pub @ 440 Hornsey Road, Finsbury Park
12. Uncle Gandhi and his goat @ Kingsley Hall, Powis Road, London
13. Oldest Synagogue in England @ 2 Henage Lane, London
14. George Harrison's Hare Temple @ Bhaktivedanta Manor, Dharam Marg, Hilfield lane,
15. Zoologist Gosse lived here @ 56 Mortimer Road, Hackney
16. Etloe House @ Etloe House, Church Road, Leyton
17. New West End Synagogue @ St Petersburgh Place, Bayswater, London
18. Oak Hill Parks Famous Tree @ Church Hill Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire
19. The Black Friar @ 174 Queen Victoria Street
20. Freemasons' Hall @ 60 Great Queen Street, London
21. The Congregation of Jacob @ 351-353 Commercial Road
22. John Wesley Chapel @ 49 City Road, Old Street
23. Peace by the River @ Battersea Park
24. Harris's List: Miss Ross @ 2 Little Ryder Street, Piccadilly, London
25. A Right Religious Residence @ Lambeth Palace Road
26. Buddhism at home in London @ 14 Calonne Road, Wimbledon Parkside
27. Fulham Palace @ Bishop's Avenue, Fulham, London
28. Sex Pistol was a Dianetic @ 68 Tottenham Court Road, London
29. Enfield Synagogue Spirits @ Wellington Rd, Enfield, Middlesex
30. Miracle at the Vishwa Temple @ 2 Lady Margaret Road, Southall
31. L Ron Hubbard lived here @ 35-37 Fitzroy Street, London