Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd October 1960 Charlton Athletic Football Club draw 6-6 against Middlesborough.
22nd October 1941 Born today: Charles Keating, London England, actor (Carl Hutchins-Another World)
22nd October 1938 Actor Derek Jacobi, was born in Leytonstone, London.
22nd October 1910 Millwall open their new ground The Den after 4 previous grounds on Isle of Dogs.
22nd October 1904 QPR Football Club play their first game at their new ground Loftus Road.
22nd October 1897 World's 1st car dealer opens in London.
Top Animal-related places to visit in London.
Great cities always attract the exotic and London's bestial history is jam packed with stories of menageries, zoo's, and eccentric Londoner's keeping wild pets at home! Stories of mystery animals and weird beasts abound.
TOP 10 ANIMAL RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE ANIMAL SIGHTS:
11. Ravens Graveyard @ Tower of London
12. Binks in Bates @ 21a Jermyn Street, St. James's, London
13. Egyptian Hall @ 170-173 Piccadilly, London
14. Hither Greens Parrots and Graves @ Verdant Lane, Catford, London
15. Sutton House @ Sutton House, Hackney, London
16. Rossetti's Chelsea Menagerie @ 16 Cheyne Walk, Chelsea
17. Deen City Farm @ 39 Windsor Avenue, Merton Abbey
18. Battersea Dogs and Cats Home @ 4 Battersea Park Road, Battersea
19. The Benbow House Bear Garden @ 24 New Globe Walk, Southwark, London
20. St Matthews Church @ Hereford Street, Whitechapel, London
21. Spratt's Dog Food Factory @ Morris Road, Poplar
22. Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge @ 6 Rangers Road, Chingford, London
23. Ravens Lodge at the Tower @ Tower of London,
24. Farming Markets for a Decade @ Cramer Street Car park, Marylebone High Street
25. The Original Hatchard's @ 173 Piccadilly, London
26. Londons Lost Bird Market @ Sclater Street, Shoreditch
27. A Pub for Mutleys... @ 39 Queens Head Street
28. A Farm In The City @ Pier Street
29. Surrey Docks Farm @ Rotherhithe Street
30. Prime Minister - dismount! @ The Athenaeum Club, Westminster
31. Just a Stones throw away @ Stepney Way
32. River Lea Crocodile? @ River Lea, Hackney
33. Frank Buckland's Menagerie @ 37 Albany Sreet, London
34. The Tower's Menagerie @ Tower of London
35. Illuminated Ponies @ Rotten Row, Hyde Park
36. The Dog Wash Pub @ Spaniards Road
37. Why not pat a Pygmy Goat @ Albert Bridge Road, London
38. Walthamstow Dogs to Close @ Chingford Road, London
39. Pigeons on the Line @ West Ham Tube Station
40. Walthamstow Haunted House @ House in Cooper Avenue, Walthamstow
41. Pistols at Dawn @ Primrose Hill, London
42. Edward III's Queen's Park @ Hainault Forest
43. The Horniman Museum @ 100 London Road, Forest Hill, London
44. Mammoth in Chelsea @ 195 King's Road, Chelsea, London
45. Two Brewers @ 40 Monmouth Street
46. Hampton Court Courtyard @ Hampton Court, London
47. Northala Fields @ Kensington Road, Northolt
48. Grant Museum of Zoology @ Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street, Bloo
49. The Royal Exchange @ Cornhill, London
50. London Zoo @ Regent's Park, London
51. The Rose and Punchbowl @ 7 Redmans Road, Whitechapel, London