Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
23rd February 1982 Michael Frayn's Noises Off, premieres in London
23rd February 1981 Princess Diana moves out of her flat ahead of her announcement the following day.
23rd February 1973 Gold goes up $10 overnight to record $95 an ounce in London
23rd February 1950 Born today: Steve Priest, London, rock bassist (Sweet Hayes)
23rd February 1945 2nd Dutch govt of Gerbrandy forms in London
23rd February 1918 Magician Chung Ling Soo's Catch the Bullet With Your Teeth goes wrong and he is killed on stage.
23rd February 1910 George Bernard Shaw's Misalliance, premieres in London
23rd February 1895 Born today: Richard Goolden, London England, actor (School for Husbands)
23rd February 1886 London Times publishes world's 1st classified ad
23rd February 1817 Born today: George Watts, London, painter
23rd February 1792 Artist Sir Joshua Reynolds died in his house in Leicester Fields, London.
23rd February 1776 Born today: John Walter II, London, chief proprietor (The Times, 1812-47)
23rd February 1633 Born today: Samuel Pepys, London England, navy expert/composer (Diary, Memoirs)
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
12. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
13. Where Oscar Wilde was arrested @ The Cadogan Hotel, 75 Sloane Street, London
14. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
15. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
16. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
17. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
18. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
19. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
20. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
21. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
22. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
23. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
24. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
25. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
26. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London