Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
25th September 1984 1st London performance of musical Stepping Out presented
25th September 1966 Actor Jason Flemyng was born in Putney, London.
25th September 1939 Conservative MP Leon Brittan was born in London.
25th September 1906 John Galsworthy's Silver Box, premieres in London
25th September 1888 The Royal Court Theatre in Kensington was opened.
25th September 1886 Comedy opera Dorothy, 1st produced in London
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Will's Coffee House @ 39 Bow Street, Covent Garden
12. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
13. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
14. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
15. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
16. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
17. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
18. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
19. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London
20. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
21. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
22. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
23. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
24. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
25. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
26. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
27. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square