Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd April 1991 Two trains collided on the DLR at West India Quay.
22nd April 1930 US, Britain and Japan sign London Naval Treaty
22nd April 1925 Born today: George Cole, London England, actor (Minder, Vampire Lovers)
22nd April 1899 Born today: Martyn Green, London, actor (Gilbert and Sullivan, Iceman Cometh)
22nd April 1823 Baltic Club (Exchange) forms in London
22nd April 1737 William Hicks (MP for Wallingford) was attacked by highwayman Dick Turpin and associate in a coach travelling to London through Epping Forest.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Where Oscar Wilde was arrested @ The Cadogan Hotel, 75 Sloane Street, London
12. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
13. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
14. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
15. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
16. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
17. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
18. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
19. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
20. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
21. Irish poet WB Yeats Lived here @ 5 Woburn Walk, Bloomsbury, London
22. Chaucer Lived Over the Aldgate @ 2 Aldgate High Street, London
23. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
24. Samuel Coleridge Died Here @ 3 The Grove, Highgate, London
25. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
26. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
27. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London