Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th June 1975 Missing Lord Lucan murdered the 29-year-old nanny of his three young children, an inquest jury in Westminster decided.
19th June 1973 Rocky Horror Picture Show, stage production opens in London
19th June 1966 RW Hardy photographs staircase at Queen's House, Greenwich, later finds ghostly figures on pics.
19th June 1964 Mayor of London Boris Johnson born in New York City.
19th June 1942 Born today: Neil Chalmers, director (National History Museum, London)
19th June 1925 Comedian Charlie Drake was born in Elephant and Castle, London.
19th June 1921 Born today: Allan Davis, Mayor of London
19th June 1890 Born today: Barbara Everest, London England, actress (Fatal Witness, Inquest)
19th June 1829 Sir Robert Peel founded the London Metropolitan Police (Bobbies).
Top River-related places to visit in London.
There's a river runs through London, fed by loads of other rivers and streams, and it's called Mother Thames. It weaves through the city with every tide and creates great scenes.
TOP 10 RIVER RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RIVER SIGHTS:
11. London's First Bridge @ River Thames, Vauxhall
12. London Canal & Ice Cream Museum! @ 12-13 New Wharf Road, London
13. Bridge That Curls Up Into a Ball @ Paddington Basin, London
14. Southwark Bridge @ Southwark Bridge, Southwark
15. The Pool Of London @ London Bridge to Tower Bridge
16. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
17. London's Prettiest Cafe...? @ 1a Station Approach
18. Westminster Boating Base @ 136 Grosvenor Road
19. The Princess Alice Disaster @ Galleon's Reach, Plumstead
20. Westminster Bridge @ Westminster and South Bank
21. The Last Wherryman's Seat @ Bankside, Southwark Bridge, Southwark
22. The SS Montgomery Wreck @ Thames off Sheerness
23. Retail on the River @ Gabriel's Wharf
24. Battersea Bridge @ Battersea Bridge, Chelsea
25. The York Watergate @ Embankment Gardens, Westminster, London
26. Trafalgar Tavern @ Park Row, Greenwich, London
27. Sandy Banks on the Thames @ Gabriel's Wharf
28. Swimming prodigy Agnes Beckwith @ 74 Kennington Road, Southwark
29. Sutcliffe Park and The Quaggy @ Meadowside, Eltham
30. Trinity Buoy Wharf @ 64 Orchard Place
31. The Harry Potter Bridge @ Lambeth Bridge Road
32. Doggett's Coat and Badge @ 1 Blackfriars Bridge, Southwark
33. Fishmonger's Hall @ London Bridge, London
34. London Bridge @ London Bridge, Southwark, London
35. Whistler's Nocturne @ The River Thames, by Battersea Bridge
36. Brunel's Hidden Bridge @ Bishops Bridge, Paddington, London
37. Thames Flood Barrier @ Unity Way, Woolwich
38. Pirates Execution Dock @ Off Wapping High Street, Wapping, London
39. The Millennium Bridge @ River Thames, Southwark
40. The Dukes Head @ 8 Lower Richmond Road
41. Tower Bridge @ Tower Bridge Road, Southwark