Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd June 1944 Born today: Peter Asher, London, singer (Peter and Gordon-World Without Love)
22nd June 1922 Henry H Wilson, Field Marshal, murdered in London
22nd June 1911 The Coronation of George V in Westminster Abbey.
22nd June 1887 Born today: Julian S Huxley, London, biologist/philosopher, Darwin's Bulldog
22nd June 1749 Actor David Garrick married Eva Marie Veigel, a German dancer in opera choruses.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
10. Keats House
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
12. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
13. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
14. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
15. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
16. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
17. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
18. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
19. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
20. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
21. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
22. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
23. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
24. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
25. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
26. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
27. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street