Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
24th May 1953 Born today: Alfred Molina, London, actor (Enchanted April, Prick up your Ears)
24th May 1908 John Masefields Tragedy of Nan, premieres in London
24th May 1899 The state apartments at Kensington Palace opened to the public for the first time.
24th May 1890 Tivoli Theater of Varities opens in London
24th May 1879 James Walker's original Vauxhall toll bridge was opened up for free by the Prince of Wales.
24th May 1819 Queen Victoria is born at Kensington Palace.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
12. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
13. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
14. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
15. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
16. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
17. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
18. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
19. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
20. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
21. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
22. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
23. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
24. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
25. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
26. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
27. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London