Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
25th March 1947 Singer and pianist Elton John born today in Pinner, London.
25th March 1946 Heathrow Airport officially opened by Lord Winster, the Minister of Aviation.
25th March 1905 Born today: Binnie Barnes, London, actress (Last of the Mohicans, 3 Musketeers)
25th March 1843 Brunel's Thames Tunnel is finally opened to the public.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
12. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
13. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
14. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London
15. Samuel Coleridge Died Here @ 3 The Grove, Highgate, London
16. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
17. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
18. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
19. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
20. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
21. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
22. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
23. Where Oscar Wilde was arrested @ The Cadogan Hotel, 75 Sloane Street, London
24. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
25. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
26. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden
27. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square