Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd August 1937 Born today: Max Hebditch, director (Museum of London)
22nd August 1925 Actress Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore-Goldfinger) was born today in Plaistow, East London.
22nd August 1916 Born today: John Slater, London England, actor (Deadlock, Cartel, Devil's Pass)
22nd August 1866 George Shillibeer, pioneer of London's 1st bus service, dies
22nd August 1620 Oliver Cromwell married Elizabeth Bourchier at St Giles-without-Cripplegate.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
12. The Poets Circle @ The British Library, St Pancras, London
13. Will's Coffee House @ 39 Bow Street, Covent Garden
14. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
15. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
16. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
17. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
18. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
19. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
20. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
21. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
22. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
23. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
24. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
25. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
26. Betjeman's Window Painting @ 43 Cloth Fair, Barbican
27. Ben Jonson is Still Standing @ Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London