Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
28th March 1921 Actor Dirk Bogarde is born in Hampstead, London.
28th March 1858 The original Chelsea toll & suspension bridge designed by Thomas Page was opened.
Top Poetry-related places to visit in London.
The capital of England has always lured poets to distraction for it's rich variety of humanity. Poets unite.
TOP 10 POETRY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE POETRY SIGHTS:
11. Sutcliffe and Holmes Big Stand @ Leyton County Ground, High Road, Leyton
12. Poet Stevie Smith's House @ 1 Avondale Road, Palmers Green
13. Home of poet Robert Browning @ 19 Warwick Crescent, Paddington, London
14. Poet Dylan Thomas lived here @ 5 Redcliffe Street, Earls Court
15. Home of Beat Poet Royston Ellis @ 36 Deanecroft Road, Eastcote, Pinner
16. The Wheatsheaf @ 25 Rathbone Place
17. Poet Leigh Hunt lived here @ 22 Upper Cheyne Row, Chelsea
18. William Blake lived here. @ 28 Poland Street, London
19. A Bit Of Byron... @ 22 Betterton Street
20. Tennyson and Townshend @ Chapel House, Montpelier Row, Twickenham
21. Thomas B Macaulay lived here @ 50 Great Ormond Street, London
22. Keats House @ Keats Grove, Hampstead, London
23. Samuel Beckett lived here @ 34 Gertrude Street, Chelsea
24. Siegfried Sassoon lived here @ 23 Campden Hill Square
25. Poet Helena Mott @ 115 Maze Hill, Greenwich, London
26. Dylan Thomas' House of Horror @ 54 Delancey Street, Camden