IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
9th April 1978 S Club 7 singer Rachel Stevens was born in Southgate,
9th April 1914 World, Flesh and the Devil, the 1st colour film, shown in London.
9th April 1906 Labour Leader Hugh Gaitskell was born in Kensington.
9th April 1838 The National Gallery opens in its new home off Trafalgar Square.
9th April 1413 The Coronation of Henry V in Westminster Abbey.
9th April 1269 Edmund of Crouchback, son of King Henry III was married to Lady Aveline de Forz in Westminster Abbey.
Top River-related places to visit in London.
There's a river runs through London, fed by loads of other rivers and streams, and it's called Mother Thames. It weaves through the city with every tide and creates great scenes.
TOP 10 RIVER RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE RIVER SIGHTS:
11. Sandy Banks on the Thames @ Gabriel's Wharf
12. The Pool Of London @ London Bridge to Tower Bridge
13. A River Runs Through It @ Sloane Square, London
14. Pirates Execution Dock @ Off Wapping High Street, Wapping, London
15. The River Effra - found! @ Vauxhall Bridge, London
16. Waterloo Bridge @ A301, Waterloo Bridge
17. Brunel's Hidden Bridge @ Bishops Bridge, Paddington, London
18. London Bridge Alcoves @ Approach Road, Victoria Park, Hackney Wick
19. Trinity Buoy Wharf @ 64 Orchard Place
20. London's Prettiest Cafe...? @ 1a Station Approach
21. The Traitor's Gate @ Tower of London, London
22. The SS Montgomery Wreck @ Thames off Sheerness
23. Whistler's Nocturne @ The River Thames, by Battersea Bridge
24. London Canal & Ice Cream Museum! @ 12-13 New Wharf Road, London
25. Trafalgar Tavern @ Park Row, Greenwich, London
26. Westminster Boating Base @ 136 Grosvenor Road
27. Mouth of the River Walbrook @ Walbrook Wharf, Southwark Bridge Road, Dowgate
28. The Millennium Bridge @ River Thames, Southwark
29. Doggett's Coat and Badge @ 1 Blackfriars Bridge, Southwark
30. Fishmonger's Hall @ London Bridge, London
31. Westminster Bridge @ Westminster and South Bank
32. The Harry Potter Bridge @ Lambeth Bridge Road
33. Thames Flood Barrier @ Unity Way, Woolwich
34. London's First Bridge @ River Thames, Vauxhall
35. Swimming prodigy Agnes Beckwith @ 74 Kennington Road, Southwark
36. Retail on the River @ Gabriel's Wharf
37. The Dukes Head @ 8 Lower Richmond Road
38. Southwark Bridge @ Southwark Bridge, Southwark
39. Sutcliffe Park and The Quaggy @ Meadowside, Eltham
40. Tower Bridge @ Tower Bridge Road, Southwark
41. Albert Bridge's Trembling Lady @ Chelsea