IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
9th April 1978 S Club 7 singer Rachel Stevens was born in Southgate,
9th April 1914 World, Flesh and the Devil, the 1st colour film, shown in London.
9th April 1906 Labour Leader Hugh Gaitskell was born in Kensington.
9th April 1838 The National Gallery opens in its new home off Trafalgar Square.
9th April 1413 The Coronation of Henry V in Westminster Abbey.
9th April 1269 Edmund of Crouchback, son of King Henry III was married to Lady Aveline de Forz in Westminster Abbey.
Top Animal-related places to visit in London.
Great cities always attract the exotic and London's bestial history is jam packed with stories of menageries, zoo's, and eccentric Londoner's keeping wild pets at home! Stories of mystery animals and weird beasts abound.
TOP 10 ANIMAL RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
10. Binks in Bates
MORE ANIMAL SIGHTS:
11. Pickles World Cup Find @ St Valery, Beulah Hill, Norwood
12. Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge @ 6 Rangers Road, Chingford, London
13. Just a Stones throw away @ Stepney Way
14. The Coade Stone Lion @ Westminster Bridge, Near County Hall
15. The Frost Fair on the Thames @ Blackfriars Bridge, London
16. The Peacock's Flipper Ghost @ Portugal Street, London
17. The Royal Exchange @ Cornhill, London
18. London Zoo @ Regent's Park, London
19. Spratt's Dog Food Factory @ Morris Road, Poplar
20. Sutton House @ Sutton House, Hackney, London
21. Why not pat a Pygmy Goat @ Albert Bridge Road, London
22. Mammoth in Chelsea @ 195 King's Road, Chelsea, London
23. The Rose and Punchbowl @ 7 Redmans Road, Whitechapel, London
24. The Dog Wash Pub @ Spaniards Road
25. A Farm In The City @ Pier Street
26. Giro the Nazi Dog @ 9 Carlton House Terrace, London
27. Farming Markets for a Decade @ Cramer Street Car park, Marylebone High Street
28. Ravens Graveyard @ Tower of London
29. Illuminated Ponies @ Rotten Row, Hyde Park
30. Prime Minister - dismount! @ The Athenaeum Club, Westminster
31. Walthamstow Dogs to Close @ Chingford Road, London
32. Hither Greens Parrots and Graves @ Verdant Lane, Catford, London
33. Hampton Court Courtyard @ Hampton Court, London
34. The Tower's Menagerie @ Tower of London
35. Edward III's Queen's Park @ Hainault Forest
36. River Lea Crocodile? @ River Lea, Hackney
37. Londons Lost Bird Market @ Sclater Street, Shoreditch
38. Ravens Lodge at the Tower @ Tower of London,
39. Frank Buckland's Menagerie @ 37 Albany Sreet, London
40. Pigeons on the Line @ West Ham Tube Station
41. The Horniman Museum @ 100 London Road, Forest Hill, London
42. Deen City Farm @ 39 Windsor Avenue, Merton Abbey
43. Northala Fields @ Kensington Road, Northolt
44. A Pub for Mutleys... @ 39 Queens Head Street
45. Pistols at Dawn @ Primrose Hill, London
46. The Original Hatchard's @ 173 Piccadilly, London
47. Battersea Dogs and Cats Home @ 4 Battersea Park Road, Battersea
48. Two Brewers @ 40 Monmouth Street
49. Surrey Docks Farm @ Rotherhithe Street
50. The Benbow House Bear Garden @ 24 New Globe Walk, Southwark, London
51. Grant Museum of Zoology @ Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street, Bloo