Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd September 1924 Illustrator and author Charles Keeping was born in Lambeth.
22nd September 1891 Footballer and writer Charlie Buchan was born in Plumstead.
22nd September 1870 5-time British Wimbledon tennis champion Charlotte Cooper was born in Ealing.
22nd September 1788 Author, practical joker and inventor of the postcard, Theodore Hook, was born in London.
22nd September 1761 The Coronation of George III in Westminster Abbey.
22nd September 1735 Robert Walpole the first British Prime Minister to live at 10 Downing Street.
22nd September 1694 Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, creator of Gregorian calendar, was born in London.
Top Museum-related places to visit in London.
London has some of the best museums in the World and some of the strangest. Dip in and find some truly breathtaking, some totally free, some very niche, and some quite dusty museums.
TOP 10 MUSEUM RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
8. The Clink
MORE MUSEUM SIGHTS:
11. From Russia With Love @ Somerset House, Strand
12. The Faraday Effect @ Trinity Wharf, Greenwich, London
13. Birch's Immortal Shop @ 15 Cornhill, London
14. The Petrie Museum @ UCL, Malet Place, Bloomsbury
15. Museum of Brands, Packaging... @ 2 Colville Mews, Notting Hill
16. The Museum of Childhood @ Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green
17. London Motor Museum @ 3 Nestles Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex
18. The London Dungeons @ 28-34 Tooley Street, London
19. Headstone Manor @ Pinner View, Middlesex
20. The Florence Nightingale Museum @ St Thomas' Hospital, 2 Lambeth Palace Road, Lond
21. Film's Rich Heritage to Savour @ The Master's House, 2 Dugard Way
22. A Duck's Best Friend @ 12/13, New Wharf Road
23. Ardizzone's home of Inspiration @ 130 Elgin Avenue, Westminster
24. Madame Tussauds @ Marylebone Road, Marylebone
25. Grant Museum of Zoology @ Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street, Bloo
26. The House of Keyboards @ Fenton House, Windmill Hill, Hampstead Grove, Lo
27. Dennis Severs House @ 18 Folgate Street, London
28. The Wimbledon Windmill @ Windmill Road, Wimbledon
29. A Tiny Prick and Away @ 21 Portland Place, Marylebone
30. Tom Bata's Shoe Factory @ East Tilbury
31. The Magic Circle @ 12 Stephenson Way, Euston
32. A Huguenot Silk Weaver's Home @ 19 Princelet Street, London
33. Rocking since 1945 @ Drawdock Road
34. Fancy a Brew? @ 40 Southwark Street
35. All about Film in London @ County Hall, Riverside Building
36. Go forth and Sew @ 308 Balham High Road
37. Old Operating Theatre @ 9a St Thomas Street
38. Ravens Lodge at the Tower @ Tower of London,
39. Vroom Vroom in West London @ 29, Oldfield Lane, Greenford
40. The Foundling Museum @ 40 Brunswick Square, London
41. Brunel's Tree...Alive & Kicking @ Railway Avenue
42. The Geffrye Museum @ 136 Kingsland Road
43. Walthamstow Pumphouse Museum @ 10 South Access Road, Walthamstow
44. The Museum of Garden History @ Lambeth Palace Road, London
45. The Cuming Museum @ 151 Walworth Road, Southwark, London
46. The Musical Museum @ 399 High Street, Brentford
47. Sir John Soane's Museum... @ 13 Lincoln Inn Fields
48. East London's Oldest House @ 2 - 4 Homerton High Street, Hackney
49. Is that a Drill I hear @ 64 Wimpole Street,
50. Markfield Beam Engine Museum @ Markfield Road, Tottenham, London
51. A Forest in a Library @ Vestry Road
52. The Museum of London @ 150 London Wall, Barbican
53. Fulham... a Remarkable Place @ Bishop's Avenue
54. Museum Bomb Coincidence @ Edward VII Gallery, British Museum
55. British Library... @ 96 Euston Road
56. Blythe House Medical Collection @ 23 Blythe Road, West Kensington, London
57. The Bank of England Museum @ Threadneedle Street
58. Little Holland House @ 40 Beeches Avenue, Carshalton, London
59. The Amazing Sides to Brent @ 95 High Road
60. Comic Shenanigans @ 35 Little Russell Street
61. The Horniman Museum @ 100 London Road, Forest Hill, London
62. The Cheapside Treasure Hoard @ 32 Cheapside
63. Beer to inspire the mind @ Chiswick Lane South, Hounslow
64. Young British Artists rule Here @ 48 Hoxton Square
65. The Wallace Collection @ Hertford House, Manchester Square
66. Not just about War @ Lambeth Road