Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
19th February 1915 Comedian Dick Emery was born in Bloomsbury, London.
19th February 1897 Charles Blondin, French tightrope walker and acrobat died from diabetes in Ealing.
19th February 1838 Jane Alsop's terrifying encounter with Spring Heeled Jack.
19th February 1401 William Sawtree, 1st English religious martyr, burned in London
Top Children-related places to visit in London.
Stories relating to children, their welfare, places specifically for kids, and stories of derring do of little London tykes from years gone by...
TOP 10 CHILDREN RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE CHILDREN SIGHTS:
11. The Francis Holland School @ 5 Ivor Place, Marylebone
12. The Last Lollipop Lady @ Queen Victoria Street, St Pauls
13. Mrs Montagu's Chimney Sweeps @ Portman Square, Marylebone
14. Enid Blyton was born here @ 354 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London
15. Ridgeway Park's Model Railway @ Coleman's Moor Lane, Chingford
16. The Elfin Oak @ Kensington Gardens
17. Sandhurst School @ Minard Road, Catford, London
18. Coram's Fields: Children only! @ 93 Guilford Street, London
19. Princess Diana's Playground @ Near Black Line Gate, Serpentine, Kensington, Lo
20. The Shaftesbury Retreat @ Staples Road, Loughton, Essex
21. Granary Square and its Fountains @ Goods Way, Kings Cross
22. WT Stead lived here @ 5 Smith Square, Westminster, London
23. Haverstock School @ 24 Haverstock Hill, Chalk Farm
24. Jigsaws were invented here @ Russell Street, Covent Garden, London
25. Birth of Barnardo's @ Ragged School Museum, 46-50 Copperfield Road
26. Punch and Judy Birthplace @ St Pauls Portico, Westminster
27. First Class Charity @ Thrawl Street, London
28. The Whispering Gallery @ St Pauls Cathedral, Westminster
29. Start Clowning Around @ The Coppetts Centre, Finchley
30. West Hatch High School @ High Road, Chigwell
31. Ripping Yarns @ 355 Archway Road, Highgate
32. Inspired by a Teletubby? @ 2 Forest Hill Road
33. The Museum of Childhood @ Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green
34. The King of Scouting Lived here @ 9 Hyde Park Gate, Kensington
35. Frederick Bremer School @ Siddeley Road, Walthamstow
36. The Godolphin & Latymer School @ Iffley Road, Hammersmith