Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd October 1960 Charlton Athletic Football Club draw 6-6 against Middlesborough.
22nd October 1941 Born today: Charles Keating, London England, actor (Carl Hutchins-Another World)
22nd October 1938 Actor Derek Jacobi, was born in Leytonstone, London.
22nd October 1910 Millwall open their new ground The Den after 4 previous grounds on Isle of Dogs.
22nd October 1904 QPR Football Club play their first game at their new ground Loftus Road.
22nd October 1897 World's 1st car dealer opens in London.
Top Science-related places to visit in London.
Some great scientific events and breakthroughs have occurred here in London, this is a collection of the pioneers and where they happened:
TOP 10 SCIENCE RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
9. London Zoo
MORE SCIENCE SIGHTS:
11. World's 1st Business Computer @ Kaevener House, Hammersmith Road
12. Balloonist Gleisher lived here @ 20 Dartmouth Hill, Blackheath, London
13. Sir Isaac Newton lived here @ 87 Jermyn Street, St James, London
14. The Royal Institution @ 21 Albemarle Street
15. Blood donation founder's house @ 5 Colyton Road, London
16. Charles Darwin lived here @ 12 Upper Gower Street, Bloomsbury, London
17. Explosive Dryads' Hall @ Woodbury Hill, Loughton, Essex
18. Faraday's Apprenticeship @ 48 Blandford Street, Marylebone, London
19. Charles Darwin's Down House @ Luxted Road, Downe, Kent
20. Pole Hill's Inaccurate Obelisk @ Pole Hill, Chingford
21. Gaiety Theatre & Marconi House @ Citibank House, 336/337 Strand, London
22. Colour Mauve invented here @ Cable Street, London
23. Zoologist Gosse lived here @ 56 Mortimer Road, Hackney
24. The Man who knew everything @ 48 Welbeck Street, Westminster
25. The Faraday Memorial @ Elephant and Castle Roundabout
26. The Faraday Effect @ Trinity Wharf, Greenwich, London
27. Beckton Gasworks: FMJ @ Royal Docks Road, East Ham, London
28. Francis Galton Lived Here @ 42 Rutland Gate, Knightsbridge
29. John Logie Baird lived here @ 3 Crescent Wood Road, Sydenham
30. The Freud's Lived Here @ Freud Museum, 20 Maresfield Gardens
31. Hampstead Observatory @ Lower Terrace, Hampstead
32. Charles Babbage was born here @ 44 Crosby Row, Newington, London
33. Joseph Priestley lived here @ 113 Lower Clapton Road, Hackney
34. Charles Fort lived here @ 39A Marchmont Street, London
35. Clouds Godfather lived here @ 7 Bruce Grove, Tottenham
36. John Logie Baird's TV demo @ 22 Frith Street, London
37. Society for Psychical Research @ 14 Deans Yard, Westminster
38. Why not pat a Pygmy Goat @ Albert Bridge Road, London
39. Biker Denis Johnson worked here @ 69-75 Long Acre, Covent Garden, London
40. Trinity Buoy Wharf @ 64 Orchard Place
41. The Colonnade Town House @ 2 Warrington Crescent, London
42. Advancing Geography @ 1 Kensington Gore
43. London Planetarium @ Marylebone Road