Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd September 1924 Illustrator and author Charles Keeping was born in Lambeth.
22nd September 1891 Footballer and writer Charlie Buchan was born in Plumstead.
22nd September 1870 5-time British Wimbledon tennis champion Charlotte Cooper was born in Ealing.
22nd September 1788 Author, practical joker and inventor of the postcard, Theodore Hook, was born in London.
22nd September 1761 The Coronation of George III in Westminster Abbey.
22nd September 1735 Robert Walpole the first British Prime Minister to live at 10 Downing Street.
22nd September 1694 Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, creator of Gregorian calendar, was born in London.
Top Military-related places to visit in London.
Here's a barrage of war, army, navy and military places, locations and stories that have occurred here in London. Fire!
TOP 10 MILITARY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MILITARY SIGHTS:
11. La Deliverance @ Henley's Corner, Finchley
12. HM Treasury VE Day Room at GOGGS @ 1 Horse Guards Road, London
13. The Nag's Head @ 53 Kinnerton St, Belgravia
14. Stalin lived here @ 75 Jubilee Street, Whitechapel
15. Resistance heroine lived here @ 18 Burnley Road, Stockwell, London
16. First Flying Bomb @ Grove Road, Bow, London
17. The Black Swan @ 148 Bow Road, Bow, London
18. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
19. Balcombe Street Siege @ 21 Balcombe St, Marylebone, London
20. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
21. WW2 bravery pilot crashed here @ Douglas Eyre Sports Ground, Coppermill Lane, Wal
22. The atom bomb was born here @ Southampton Row, London
23. Anne Shelton lived here @ 142 Court Lane, Dulwich, London
24. The Bermondsey Tank @ Mandela Way, Bermondsey, London
25. The Battles of Brentford @ Syon Park, Brentford, Middlesex
26. WWII and Goodge Street @ Tottenham Court Road
27. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
28. Drink with an Old Soldier! @ 41 Romney Street, Westminster, London
29. Coalhouse Fort @ Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury
30. Lawrence of Arabia's Land @ Pole Hill, Chingford
31. A Spy called The White Rabbit @ Queen Court, Guildford Street, Camden
32. The Lost Shakespeare Hut @ Keppel Street, Bloomsbury
33. Bouncing Bomb inventor's house @ 241 New Cross Road, New Cross
34. Nelson Arms @ 15 Merton High Street
35. Time to Honour and Respect @ Hyde Park Corner, Nr Park Lane
36. Russians, Stags and Knights @ 1 Westbourne Road
37. Paul Hardcastle's 19 @ 98 Grove Green Road, Leytonstone, Waltham Forest
38. Royal Artillery Barracks @ 40-48 Artillery Place, Greenwich
39. Napolean lived here @ 1c King Street, St James, London
40. Eric Ravilious lived here @ 48 Weltje Road, Hammersmith
41. A Blue Plaque for a War Hero @ Petersham Mews, Kensington
42. Playwright Hangout @ 2 Whitehall Court
43. Bentley Priory's Military Legacy @ The Common, Lane End, Bushey Heath
44. Museum Bomb Coincidence @ Edward VII Gallery, British Museum
45. Rorkes Hero Hitch lived here @ 62 Cranbrook Road, Chiswick
46. Sylvia Pankhurst lived here @ 587 High Road, Woodford Green
47. A more level-headed Nephew @ 26 Priory Gardens, Highgate
48. Not just about War @ Lambeth Road
49. Volunteers from Paddington @ 123 Bayswater Road