Tours | Categories (New, Hot) | Map
Alcohol - Ancient - Animal - Architecture - Art - Aviation - Boxing - Celebrity - Charity - Children - Church - Cinema - Comedy - Crime - Dance - Death - Disaster - Drugs - Fashion - Food - Gambling - Ghost - Grave - Health - Historical - Industry - Justice - LGBT - Literary - Look Up - Medical - Military - Motoring - Murder - Museum - Music - Nature - Naval - Paranormal - Pioneer - Poetry - Police - Politics - Pub - Public Amenities - Quirky - Religion - Retail - Ripper - River - Royalty - Science - Sculpture - Sex - Signs - Society - Sport - Subterranean - Technology - Theatre - Train - Transport - Tube - TV - Weather -
IN THE NEWS
TOUR OF THE MONTH
ON THIS DAY IN LONDON
22nd October 1960 Charlton Athletic Football Club draw 6-6 against Middlesborough.
22nd October 1941 Born today: Charles Keating, London England, actor (Carl Hutchins-Another World)
22nd October 1938 Actor Derek Jacobi, was born in Leytonstone, London.
22nd October 1910 Millwall open their new ground The Den after 4 previous grounds on Isle of Dogs.
22nd October 1904 QPR Football Club play their first game at their new ground Loftus Road.
22nd October 1897 World's 1st car dealer opens in London.
Top Military-related places to visit in London.
Here's a barrage of war, army, navy and military places, locations and stories that have occurred here in London. Fire!
TOP 10 MILITARY RELATED SIGHTS IN LONDON:
MORE MILITARY SIGHTS:
11. La Deliverance @ Henley's Corner, Finchley
12. Balcombe Street Siege @ 21 Balcombe St, Marylebone, London
13. The Bermondsey Tank @ Mandela Way, Bermondsey, London
14. Bouncing Bomb inventor's house @ 241 New Cross Road, New Cross
15. The Woolwich Rotunda @ Green Hill, Woolwich
16. The atom bomb was born here @ Southampton Row, London
17. Nelson Arms @ 15 Merton High Street
18. WW2 bravery pilot crashed here @ Douglas Eyre Sports Ground, Coppermill Lane, Wal
19. The Nag's Head @ 53 Kinnerton St, Belgravia
20. Secret Tunnels - 100 feet down @ Craig Court, off Trafalgar Square
21. A bit of Belfast in London @ Morgan's Lane, Tooley Street
22. Clapham North's Bomb Bunker @ Clapham North, London
23. A Spy called The White Rabbit @ Queen Court, Guildford Street, Camden
24. Russians, Stags and Knights @ 1 Westbourne Road
25. Resistance heroine lived here @ 18 Burnley Road, Stockwell, London
26. Time to Honour and Respect @ Hyde Park Corner, Nr Park Lane
27. Churchill's Paddock @ Brook Road, Neasden, London
28. Lawrence of Arabia's Land @ Pole Hill, Chingford
29. Anne Shelton lived here @ 142 Court Lane, Dulwich, London
30. Drink with an Old Soldier! @ 41 Romney Street, Westminster, London
31. HM Treasury VE Day Room at GOGGS @ 1 Horse Guards Road, London
32. Volunteers from Paddington @ 123 Bayswater Road
33. Playwright Hangout @ 2 Whitehall Court
34. Napolean lived here @ 1c King Street, St James, London
35. Museum Bomb Coincidence @ Edward VII Gallery, British Museum
36. A Blue Plaque for a War Hero @ Petersham Mews, Kensington
37. First Flying Bomb @ Grove Road, Bow, London
38. Eric Ravilious lived here @ 48 Weltje Road, Hammersmith
39. Sylvia Pankhurst lived here @ 587 High Road, Woodford Green
40. Paul Hardcastle's 19 @ 98 Grove Green Road, Leytonstone, Waltham Forest
41. Bentley Priory's Military Legacy @ The Common, Lane End, Bushey Heath
42. The Battles of Brentford @ Syon Park, Brentford, Middlesex
43. Not just about War @ Lambeth Road
44. Rorkes Hero Hitch lived here @ 62 Cranbrook Road, Chiswick
45. A more level-headed Nephew @ 26 Priory Gardens, Highgate
46. The Lost Shakespeare Hut @ Keppel Street, Bloomsbury
47. Royal Artillery Barracks @ 40-48 Artillery Place, Greenwich
48. WWII and Goodge Street @ Tottenham Court Road
49. Coalhouse Fort @ Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury